Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

White Saturday Festivities

Today was one of the days I most look forward to every year:
White Saturday.

White Saturday happens two, rarely three, times a year. It's like Black Friday, but happens on a Saturday and is just for Christians, so we've dubbed it White Saturday! It's awesome. I think I've mentioned it before. But the christianbook.com people open their warehouse up a few times a year with bunches of stuff for super cheap. For example, I bought a Message Bible for one of my girls today for only $4.99. It retails for $37.99....on a good day! We go all out for White Saturday. We get up around 5am (it used to be earlier, but they started opening at 8 instead of 7), stop at Dunks, and head up to Peabody. We get there more than an hour early, but there's ALWAYS at least 50 people in line ahead of us. No matter, because we're still early and find the best deals! The rest of my group laughs at me because I bring a big wheelie suitcase and take a long time to go through everything. I don't want to miss any good deals on the things I want! And I'm a pro at CBD! I've got it down to a science ;)

After the CBD Sale, we head over to Sonic, where we had some serious
Tot Love!
We had a blast and some yummy food. After a short rest at home, we went out and did a little Ding Dong Ditch, youth group style! We chose members of the church who are always serving and doing things to build the Kingdom of God, and we left little plates of goodies with thank you notes. So much fun AND we're blessing people. What could be better? (Even if we did get super lost and have a little run in with the police....no worries!)

All in all, this was a really fun day and now I am super duper TIRED since this was all done on less than 5 hours of sleep! Happy White Saturday everyone! Sadly, we now have to wait til March for the next one :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...