Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kids Ministry High!

Wow. My feet are KILLING me, but what a great day!
(Is it bad that in 13 hours, I only sat for a total of 30 minutes??)

The day started with our first ever Kids Sunday! We had our kids serving as ushers, greeters, and making the announcements. Then the first part of the service was done as a KIDS Church...and it was so much fun! The adults were really into it, and it led to the salvation of a woman! After that part, Pastor and I tag-teamed it to cast the vision for where the kids ministry is heading and why KM is important. It ended with handing out more than 50 applications for people to join the ministry! Praise God!!

After talking with some people about the service and ministry, I bought lunch from a ministry who is planning a missions trip. Know what I got?? Pastelellos!!!!! (Not sure of the spelling, but YUM!)

Then began set up for Harvest Night. *side story at end* I'm not sure what it was, but even though I was busy the whole time, the process of set up, event, and clean up was really smooth! I even left the church 30 minutes earlier than I expected!!! I think this was probably the best Harvest Night we've had ever...or at least in a very long time. As best I can estimate before seeing the registrations, we had around 400 people come through our doors during the fest! The prayer stations were just as hopping as the games, and at our little closing service, about 15 people got saved!

And the second best part? My helpers rock and we cleaned up in 15 minutes :) Huge "thank you, thank you, thank you!" to everyone who helped with this crazy awesome day! Seriously guys, I couldn't have done it without you!

*Side story* So, last week I went to the high school that is a part of our church, and just walked through the hall at the end of the day asking people to help with Harvest Night. One of the girls was really excited to help, someone I had never met. She came early today so it was just us for almost an hour, and we got to talk and stuff. Before coming to the school, she was way into the world: drinking, drugs, Satan worship. But, to use her words, she can't believe how much she's changed over the past two months and how everyone just accepts and cares about her. It was really cool to get to know her and hear her story. She has such a fun personality and I hope I get to see her more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...