Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
2:Books left to read in the Uglies series
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
What? Like your family doesn't do that at Thanksgiving?
This year I am so thankful for a wonderful family, great friends, a crazy-loving Savior, a real-life grown-up job, and all the exciting events coming up in the next year. Be blessed and "elevate the silly" =D
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
I love the line in there "Its crazy, I know, to count on this road to give me what I need. But with every state line somehow I find another part of me". Thats sorta what travel is to me. Even when all I do is a day trip somewhere, it relaxes me and revives me, and in some small way, I learn something about myself and God, even if I don't realize it right away. Each trip I take changes me in some way.
December 2009: NYC day trip with my cousin
February 2010: Peru!
June 2010: Hershey, PA as chaperone for a senior class trip
Fall/Winter 2010: solo trip to Europe?
Summer 2011: Greece with my girl Erin =D
I'm seriously thinking about this solo trip thing. For alot of reasons. I've heard alot about it lately. I want to go someplace and don't have many friends who can/will just pick up and go. Plus, I really don't mind being alone and I think a solo trip would be fun and a great learning experience. Learning about the world, learning to make new friends in strange places, learning to be really self-sufficient, learning to take "risks" and get outside of my self and my little bubble. And it would be a great time for me to be outside of myself and totally relying on God and experiencing Him in a totally new way. So I think I'm gonna do it....Thoughts?
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
...I shocked myself so bad getting out of the car that I could see the bright blue flash....With the box truck gone from our driveway its hard to give directions to our house, although we can all park in the driveway now!....I think Lady Antebellum's song "I Need You Now" would be good for the soundtrack of New Moon....sorry for the abundance of Twilight-related comments lately, but I'm re-reading the books in preparation for next week's movie (OMG its next week!!!!)....I ate way too much today....but that chicken garlic pizza was just soo yummy!...A few of the residents had the CMA awards on in their rooms so I could hear some of the performances. I sang along while popping pills....I wanna do another picture week. I'll have to come up with something other than colors to do. Hmm.....
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- Today at work I kept passing these beautiful yellow daffodil-like flowers that had orange stripes though it. When I finally stopped to look at the amazingness I found out they were fake.
- Yesterday at work they paged the owner of a silver volvo parked out front. I had a fangirly moment where my heart stopped and I looked around for Edward, only to be reminded that I live in the real world, not in Stephenie Meyer's Forks.
- It seems to be C. diff week at work. Ick.
- Facebook won't let me upload my pictures from the weekend.
Thats all I got for today, blog world! I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with something more exciting and uplifting!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Purple Sunday was a busy, fun day. It started with a semi-crazy KIDS Church. I felt pretty unprepared when we got there...especially when I saw that the room was completely un-preped and empty! But it all turned out ok. Then I rushed home to finish setting up for a surprise party I was throwing for one of my best friends. We pulled it off and had a good time. This straw was from the party. It was Disney princess theme :) From there, we all went to a hockey game. I know, me? At a hockey game? Yup. I was there. Not my favorite thing, but I had a good time before my camera died. And we won, so its all good. The day ended on a nice note: tv and coloring with my friends. All in all, a wonderful day!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
- I was glad to see Mrs. R (not her real name) doing better today at work. When I left Friday, I didn't think she'd be alive today, never mind happy and drinking chocolate milk. God must still have work for her here.
- My arm is itchy. I don't like the whole change of seasons thing. Only because it gives me eczema. Everything else about it I love, though.
- I get to go to the other side of the world with the Lover of my Soul for Valentine's day :) Can't wait!
- Hmmm.....I need to pay some bills.....
- Can we please just ban the Gosslin's from the media?? Seriously. Let those kids get a chance at childhood!
- I have 20 days to re-read a certain book....oops! Make that 18. Its already November 2nd!
- My mom's birthday is coming up very soon. Now that I have money, I'm getting her something special that I think she'll love. I just need to buy it....
- I can't believe how fast this year has flown by! Its almost over and it feels like it just started!
- I don't think I'm going to make my goal of reading 100 books this year. I think I'll be about 20 short :(
- I think for the next week I'll do something similar to what I saw on another blog. Each day will be assigned color. I'll find something that color, take its picture, and post it here.(Tuesday=red, Wednesday=orange, Thursday=yellow, Friday=green, Saturday=blue, Sunday=purple, Monday=white)
- I wonder how I can make this blog prettier?
- Elijah and Elisha were pretty cool dudes. It would've been fun to know them. To follow them. To have been there and witnessed first hand the things they did. And to be bold like Elisha and ask for a double portion of what Elijah had? That'd be pretty awesome.
- I read this passage the other day and thought, how cool would it be if we all introduced ourselves like Paul did? If we just came right out with our life's philosophy, our beliefs, our mission. We'd be a lot more mindful of how we acted and spoke, that's for sure! There'd be no mistaking who's just talking the talk and who's truly walking the walk.
- My big accomplishment for the day? I did the entire morning med pass! Granted, I had someone to do vitals for me, and she actually did one person's meds, but still!! I did it, and did it on time!! woo-hoo!