Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Catch a Falling Star....

I'm sure NaBloWriMo posts aren't supposed to be just a few hours apart, but I wanna write this while its all fresh. If you weren't aware there was a meteor shower tonight (this morning, whatever). Since I haven't tried to see one in longer than I can remember, I headed outside a little after 1:30am. I spent the better part of an hour staring at the sky, scanning and seaching the stars for meteors. And I saw a few! Not a whole shower, thanks to the lights of the city and a weird skinny cloud, but a few, and each one made me smile :) I would've stayed outside longer if it hadn't been for my numb, frozen toes and utter exhaustion!
"Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away..."
I had a few songs and one central thought running through my head during this experience, such as the one above. I don't know any other part of this song, as all I've heard of it was in Princess Diaries, but it kept going through my head. I wanted to take a part of this experience and tuck it away so the beauty and awe and wonder wouldn't fade. Then I kept thinking of the song by Rebecca St. James that says
"You said the words, and made the heavens,You breathed the stars and put their place in the sky.You waved your hand, painted a sunset.You smiled and gave a heartbeat life,Craziest thing,That your holy hands made everything I see."
How amazing is God?!? He created it all! Everything we see and everything beyond that. This morning (well, I guess yesterday morning) I watched this video. (Go watch it. Its short. I'll wait.)Feel puny yet? But the amazing, mind-blowing, awe-inspiring, worship-invoking thing is that God loves us! He pays attention to us! Not only does He know whats going on with us, but he died for us! And just staring up at the sky, watching more and more stars pop out, its impossible to not see how HUGE God is! How much room there is in Him! How tiny our brains are and how impossible it is to fully understand Him and His motives.
"How deep the Father's love for us, How vast beyond all measure. That He should give His only Son, To make a wretch His treasure".
Take time this week to catch a falling star- a moment that makes you say "Wow. God is AMAZING" and put it in the pocket of your mind to remind you of the amazing crazy love of your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...