Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary Party

"The Doctor showed me a better way of living your life...You don't just give up. You don't just let things happen. You make a stand. You say "no". You have the guts to do what's right when everyone else just runs away..." (Rose Tyler)


The Doctor has officially been a part of television for 50 years now! So, we threw a party to watch his special anniversary episode: The Day of the Doctor. I got creative. Enjoy my creations!

For decorations, I bought a few blue plastic tablecloths and pulled out all my brothers Whovian toys collectibles. Not pictured are the Daleks positioned to guard the stairs from intruders.

I used a plastic tablecloth and a printout to transform my front door into a TARDIS.

I used some mason jars and chalkboard paint to make some pretty fantastic drinking glasses: 


To fill them, I invented a Whovian Mocktail: The Hallucinogenic Lipstick. 
It's a big spoonful of berries, a bit of grenadine, a TARDIS and dalek ice cube, and Inca Cola. Delish! 

What are TARDIS and dalek ice cubes you ask? These:
 
How fun are these?!

In addition to my blue table clothes and plates, I made some bow tie napkins

Now, it's time for food. Some "All of Time and Space...in a Cup!" for dessert, based on this idea.

And some "Bannakaffalattes" (i.e. delicious homemade crockpot fair-trade cocoa)
Thanks, Jess, for the picture! I forgot to take one because I was so excited to drink it.

Now, it's time for what may be my favorite thing I did for this party: the food. 
First, the garlic dalek pizza.
For some reason, the pepperoni all shifted while baking. But still delicious.

Then a Cassandra extra cheese pizza:

And finally, an adipose calzone. So cute!

Well, that about does it for the fun party we had! That episode was stinkin' amazing. My only complaint is that Rose wasn't really Rose, but I can see why they did it that way. It was seriously just a great episode, and it set up the future for so much opportunities to be awesome! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOCTOR!!!

Did you watch The Day of the Doctor? What did you think? (And please, no spoilers for the sake of those Whovians who haven't seen it yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...