Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Coolest Thing I'm Not Showing You

I invented something awesome today, guys! Like, life changing amazingly simple, and kinda lame, awesome. I was driving yesterday with this cold and thought, "Someone should totally invent a ___________________________________!" So today, with the little extra energy I had this morning, I made it myself! And it's awesome, and perfect, and would totally make me famous on Pinterest. So I was already to do a tutorial here tonight and pin it.

But then, I showed my mom and sister. And my mom freaked out. And she said I shouldn't tell anyone, and patent it, and sell it, and become rich, because people would totally buy it. And I don't really believe her, but then I thought about coffee sleeves. How that's really a stupid, yet really brilliant, idea. Kinda like my __________________________________. So now I don't know what to do.

So here's the deal. This item cost about 50 cents and an hour to make. Could probably be less than an hour, now that I know what I'm doing. It's pretty cool, but I don't really know if it would sell outside a very specific demographic. However, if I Pinterest it, there are all those crafty people who would definitely make them, but that's another very specific demographic, and not really much overlap between the two.

So what do you think? Should I sell it or give it? Etsy or Pinterest?
Have you ever had a similar situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...