Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dominican Republic: The Country

For this post, I'm mostly just going to share the beautiful pictures I took on this trip of the country and some of the places. Let's start with the hotel! It was way more than I expected! We each had an apartment-like suite! 
The view just outside our hotel
The courtyard, as seen from my front door. Yes, front door. As in, I had more than one :)
This is from the night I stayed in sick. I laid there, under the fan, watching Big Bang Theory while alternately freezing/sweating and feeling nauseated/dizzy. Not how I thought I'd spend my time here! 

Our first day out, we saw this beautiful rainbow right over the neighborhood we were working in!
 The following are some of my favorites shots from Los Frailles Este, the area we were in.





 We met the woman living in this next building at her mother's home next door, where she lives with 5 other children. She (the mother) is battling cancer, while one of her sons is sick and they don't know why. She came to Christ recently and is so on fire it's ridiculous :) Wonderful family. While at their home, we prayed with them, and were able to spend time with them at some of the services.

 I feel like this photo sums up the area. A mix of poverty, modern technology, and unfinished work.
This next photo was taken on the way to Nagua. This whole road was full of palm trees. At first, they were alive. Then there was this. A forest of dead palm trees. Kinda creepy, huh?
And can I just say, Nagua is stinkin' GORGEOUS!! These photos aren't even enough. It's just endless sky and water. Really, the whole time I saw more water than ever in my life. It was amazing and beautiful, all over. This is where we ate lunch, just to the right of these buildings.
 Then we went to the beach! I found this giant palm branch, and since it was a Sunday...
Palm Sunday!
 See us out there?

Such a perfect beach day, and the water was so warm. Nothing like back home!  
 Some of the places we did ministry. This is a church, similar to most of the churches we went to
 Some private schools


  Finally this last photo is a building we are praying about and looking into for a ministry we want to set up that would "serve the servants" working tirelessly in the Dominican. Pray with us that God will continue to open doors and soften the heart of the Mayor (whom we met with on the trip) to help us best serve His people! 
  Those are my photos for the day! Hope you've enjoyed this little glimpse into the country of Republica Dominicana!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...