Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Scare A Day

So you know that quote:

Well when I was wondering what to write today, I stumbled upon it again and started thinking. What does that really mean? If you really took this quote to heart, what would your life be like?

I mean, it's easy to do a scary-thing-a-day when you're traveling or have some adventurous job or if you're the Doctor's Companion, but what about when you have a normal job and a somewhat-normal, TARDIS-less life? How can you daily do something that scares you?

The answer is both simple and complex: I don't know. I tried to get more of a backstory to this quote, to find what Eleanor was talking about when she made the quote, but Google wouldn't tell me anything beyond the quote itself.

I do know that this thought has piqued my interested and got me thinking. What kind of scary things could I do in one normal month? It's certainly a fitting challenge for my year of Try New Things. I'm thinking June may be my month of Do Scary Things Daily. But I need to think about it a bit...should I go for it?

What kind of daily-scary things come to mind when you think of this quote? If you were to live this way, what would be on your list? Help me with some ideas!

1 comment:

  1. hummmm Gets you thinking for sure! Sharing the gospel to neighbors and with the sick is easy for me. Maybe going into a prison, would definitely be challenging for me....
    There will be no bungee jumping, I can tell you that! Or giving up Crab Rangoon....too scary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...