Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Swirling Bumping Thoughts



Ever feel like there's too much going on in your mind? Like you can literally feel it swirling around in there and making a mess? That's how I'm feeling this evening. Wish I could get it all out on paper, nice and organized and complete so it wouldn't bump around up there, but every time I get a piece out, ten more take it's place. I can't win! My mind palace is not as efficient as Sherlock's.

There's too many projects and plans and ideas and possibilities all floating around in my head. I don't have the brainwidth or calendar time to act on them all! And let me tell you, there are some really good ones trapped in there. Hopefully I'll find a way to organize them so I can share them with you.

I need to figure out how to better manage my time to get these extra non-work, non-church-work ideas and projects into real life. Jon Acuff may have it right with the 5Club, but I don't think my body will allow me to get up and hustling at 5am. Especially since I'm working 3-11pm this month. But I really do need to find some time (and shut off the tv) for dreaming and planning. Because usually if I have down time, I want to shut off. I sit on the couch and veg out with mindless tv and Pinterest. I've got some ideas on this, so I just need to put it into action.

Would you like to help me start on one of these projects? Leave me a comment with a conversion/salvation story from the Bible (reference appreciated). And when I say salvation, I mean a person turning to God and being eternally saved kind of thing, not like the Israelites were saved from Egypt kind of thing.

How do you find time to dream and plan for those extra things bumping around your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...