Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dreams are Weird

You know how most of the time you wake up trying to remember your dreams? Clinging to that one little piece that was so wonderful, but the moment you open your eyes, it disappears forever? Well, this isn't one of those times. A few days ago I had a simple, average, but mildly weird dream and it won't leave my head. So I'm going to share.

I was at a lake swimming with, apparently, my new husband. In a bikini. I mean, I was in the bikini, not my new husband. (If you know me, you know that whole bikini thing is weird. I can't imagine ever wearing a bikini.) This husband was someone from my childhood, someone I may or may not have had a real-life crush on in high school.

Anyways, we were swimming in this lake, kinda awkward but romantic. I had the impression we had just had a sudden, quickie, elopement-style wedding, and this was our honeymoon of sorts. My parents came into the lake, too. Hubby and I went up on the deck/cliff at the edge of the lake (oh, did I mention it was an indoor lake? It was a completely normal lake, with sand and a beach and fish, but there was a roof and a giant cinder block wall in the middle of the lake, and on the sides). When we got up onto the deck thing, it was revealed that I was pregnant, just enough to start showing...in a bikini...on my wedding day...and my parents were fine with it. At this point we were hugging, being awkward-romantic, when I said to him, "Well, I guess since we're married now we should probably be Facebook friends." We laughed and kissed, then I woke up.

Simple, fairly average, but considering it's me, it was weird on many levels. So, subconsciousness, what are you trying to tell me? Are you in on the conspiracy, too?!

Oh, well. Side note: If dreams are supposed to be our subconsciousness, and the people/things in them are things we've seen in regular life, then what do babies dream about? Life in the womb?

Have you had any weird dreams lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...