Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Time I Got Rad

September's adventure was so great! 

We drove down to Seekonk, sat in traffic, and made it just in time for our corral to start at the Color Me Rad 2013 event! What a BLAST!


This is our Before Picture. Notice the very white shirts? Color Me Rad is a 5K run where along the course they throw colored powder (and occasionally liquid) at you, like this:


Now, I've mentioned before that my friend and I signed up for a half marathon. Because we're crazy. So this was a nice intro to organized racing (even though it wasn't a race. It wasn't even timed.) But, it was hotter than I usually run in. And I learned that eating breakfast at 6:30am, when you don't start running til 10am is a bad idea. At least for me. It was a very tough run in that sense since I was basically running on empty. But I made it! It was so exciting to see the finish line come into view:


We got a little separated from each other in the last color pit, so we didn't finish together, but we all finished!! And then we walked back to get a finish line shot. I love this picture. 


Once we finished (and doused each other with additional color), I don't think was there any white left on our shirts. My glasses were covered, there was color in my ears and nose, and I had nice little colorful sweat rainbows at my elbows...and I couldn't have been prouder! 


After the run, we rubbed off as much as we could and went to the mall in our finisher t-shirts. And somehow we must look like respectable grown-ups now, because even though we were sweaty and colorful, the man at Tiffany's still offered to let us try on the diamond rings! It's probably a good thing we didn't go in to the store like we did to the Color Me Rad Color Blast:


This was such an awesome event and I would highly reccommend it! It's designed to be a fun event, so anyone can do it! There were people in wheelchairs and moms with strollers. Definitely a really really fun time that you should do if you have the chance! This may be my favorite picture from the day, my first-ever completed organized run:


Sadly, Color Me Rad doesn't have medals, but they do send e-badges:


I am a finisher!! WOO HOOO!!!

Anyone ever do Color me Rad or something similar? How'd you like it?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...