Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Makin' Ketchup With My Body

August's adventure was a bit smelly, a lot messy, and really fun! We did The Tomato Bash! While I don't think I'll do it again (did I mention smelly?), it was a blast and I'm so glad we did it! 

So what is the Tomato Bash? Well, hundreds of people decided to spend a very warm summer day in a field. There is beer, if that's your thing. Also chocolate milk. And nearly two thousand pounds of non-edible tomatoes (read: too ripe, rotten, or otherwise unfit for consumption).

 It stinks. There's some time before the action starts, but there's music and costumes and a tomato foam machine to help make you red before the ketchup making begins. Also, the Nesquik Bunny.

Then, finally, the fun begins. The field that was simply a patch of earth a few minutes before becomes a battlefield, and everyone runs onto the tarp to start smashin' tomatoes! The rules say you must squash it before you throw it, which resulted in this epic shot:

(This photo made me love my new waterproof, life proof camera. It survived the bash, and look at that detail! Those drops of tomato juice! EPIC!!)

Kathryn and I were abandoned left on our own to fight this battle after a few minutes. It was both terrifying and amazing. (Please note the tomatoes flying in the background.)

Before too long, the ground was covered with the blood of angry tomatoes

And we sauntered off the battlefield, victorious. Here is the photo commemorating our epic bravery at the great Battle of Tomato 2013:

This is the stuff of legends, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...