Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Help Prove I'm Not Crazy?

I realized I haven't posted for a while, and since I have nothing of substance to say tonight, I'm asking for your help. To prove I'm not crazy. Although, I'm pretty sure I'm not, because my brother has the same scarring memory that I do. What is it you ask? Let me share my horror.

When I was little, like, 8-ish I think, we listened to records when we went to bed. That's right, RECORDS. In the 90s. On my own little player. It was awesome. Wish I still had it. Anyways, I digress. While going to bed we would listen to records. There is one in particular that stands out in my mind because the story was terrifying. Completely and utterly scarring for life. I don't remember the whole thing, but the premise was this: 

There's a little boy (I think he was African or Indian, if I'm remembering the cover correctly...yellow background?). He's living his normal life until one day, there's a fire. And he gets trapped in the fire. And then....you hear him screaming. You listen to this little boy screaming for help, in pain as the fire burns him. Then, there's a little music, and he wakes up in the hospital blind. And then something about school? But the part I remember VERY vividly is the screaming. It's forever etched in my mind. I can hear it echoing in my brain as I write this. 

And keep in mind, we listened to this while going to sleep! How twisted is that?!

So, by now you're either horrified as well, or laughing at me because you don't believe this is real, so you think I'm crazy. But to the original purpose if this post...Does anyone know what record this is?! It's been bugging me for years! It's so outrageous, it seems like it can't be real. But why would my brother and I both invent the same horrifying story? So it must be real, and someone out there must know what record it is. Please tell me! Any scarring stories like this from your childhood?

1 comment:

  1. Huh? My first question is - does you mom not know what you and Miah are remembering???? WHERE were you going to sleep?? Do you think you heard it more than once?

    My second is: RECORDS as recently as the 90s? Wow!

    I'm quite sure you're not crazy, but this memory is w-e-i-r-d!!! And I can certainly see why it would stay with you, just can't imaagine how you came by it!

    My childhood: I can still remember a dream I had repeatedly in crayon-greens and -blues and black, simple shapes, with wide windy roads that rolled and roiled up and down and sideways like the sea. We took long trips from time to time - perhaps its source?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...