Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Exodus

Yikes! Only Day 9 and not only have I only posted twice, but I'm almost three days behind in reading! It was four this morning, but I was able to read this morning before going out. Hopefully I can knock out another day before I go to bed tonight! Anyways, I'm at the church and my notebook is at home, so I only have my notes from today. Let's see what I've thought, shall we?

  • LOL at the image of Moses running from the staff-turned-snake. Reading it, I pictured how one of the preachers at the Awakening Conference would've told the story. ("Aaahhhh!! DUDE! Did You see that?!  That stick just turned into a snake!" I know. I did that. Now pick it up. "Uh, wait, what?" Pick up the snake. "Seriously? Pick up this snake?" Yes. Oookaaayyyy....but if I get bit, it's on You!")
  • Moses tried every excuse he could think of for why he shouldn't be the one until he finally told God how he really felt-he didn't wanna do it (Exodus 4)
  • How would people feel if I name my first son "Mushi"? (Exodus 4)
  • "But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." (Exodus 9:16)
  • Ex.10:21: "Darkness that can be felt". That's some intense, scary imagery right there!
  • "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." (Exodus 14:14)
  • Ex.14:21: We tend to think of the parting of the Red Sea as a *whoosh*, a really quick, instant thing, but it lasted all night! (And don't even get me started on that cloud pillar that made it dark on one side, light on the other....AWESOME!)
  • Visit us at Elim! We've got 12 Springs and 70 Palm Trees! A true Desert Oasis! (Ex 15:27)
  • Moses was pretty whiney to God. I wonder if that's why the Israelites were so whiney to him? The whole "Leadership sets the tone" sorta thing.
  • Exodus 16: First mention of a Sabbath other than God's at creation (correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the first one I noticed.)
  • Exodus 16:33: I wonder where that manna ended up? Is it still around? Did it get destroyed? Did someone eat it out of curiosity? Because I'd really like to try some manna if you've got any lying around...)
Well, that's it for now! Time to kick off our first Missions Month Midweek program with the kiddos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...