Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fear Conquering!

Well, I can cross one thing off my 30 by 30 list (halfway, anyway!).
I went ziplining 40 feet about the ground. At the Ecotarium in Worcester, they have a treetop walkway that ends with a zipline.
Here I am, already to go! I've got my harness and helmet, and I'm dressed like a watermelon, so this should be great!
This is it! Climbing down a ladder onto one of the little wobbly bridges. They would swing and wobble the whole time. Thank God only one person was allowed on a bridge at a time! As it was, if someone on the bridge bounced or swung it, the treetop platforms would wobble.
After crossing the bridges and looking for birds, we made out way to the zipline. My best friend Chrissy went first, and let out a scream that made me rethink this whole idea. The picture above is me really rethinking the whole "conquering a fear" thing after seeing the height. It took about 10-15 minutes to convince myself to do it. The guy even offered to push me off! I finally went for it, mostly because I had already told all of Facebook I'd be doing it and didn't want to tell everyone I chickened out. So I got in the little chair.
I sat in the chair for a few minutes trying not to back out. The guy promised me he'd let me down nice and slow, unlike Chrissy's turn. And he did! I even kept my eyes open while I was going!
It was at this point that I realized I should have asked to go faster at the end. This part was not a big drop, more of an even keel, so going slow was kinda like riding an escalator. But I did it! WOOOO HOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...