Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

What I Did This Week

This week was crazy. It was Vacation Bible School time, and the day before VBS I got sick. Some nasty summer cold/sinus infection thing that left me with no voice for the second half of the week. And of course, because I was in my Busiest Week of the Year, I didn't take care of myself as I should have, so I am still sick.

Hence the lack of blogging this week. And the lack of productivity beyond VBS. So, here's a little glimpse into my week:
I got a little teeny-tiny bit addicted to Kiera Cass's Selection. Like, stay-up-reading-til-3am-the-night-before-VBS-prep-day addicted. I read both books in the series, the bonus e-book, the deleted scenes, and many many tumblr posts in three days. All while VBS was happening. So, yeah, I might be addicted.

What is The Selection, you ask? It's a YA novel series that is basically Hunger Games meets The Bachelor meets Princess Academy. It's awesome. And after internet stalking researching Kiera Cass, she's now on my list of Famous People I Wanna Be Best Friends With. If you decide to get into it, just be warned that the next book in the series isn't out until May 2014, and Kiera likes cliffhangers. She's like the Moffat of YA romantic fiction.

As I think I mentioned, it was VBS week here in Ashley Land! We did Group's Kingdom Rock and it was so much fun! Plus, I got to wear my princess dress, so that's always fun :) It was our eighth year of VBS, and we had 80 kids-our largest year to date! Almost everything about the way we run VBS changed this year, and it went surprisingly well! No major issues and everyone left knowing how to STAND STRONG! The Bible lessons and activities were all so engaging and exciting, even to teach!

Our decorations were pretty awesome, too. See that drawbridge I'm standing on? It actually goes up and down. How awesome is that?! (Thanks Durands!) I love having people who can make my wacky VBS plans and ideas come true. And kudos to those people for not acting like it's weird when I say things like "how do I build a working drawbridge?" or "Can we have a life-size pyramid that the kids can walk through?" or "I'm going to turn this giant wall into a spaceship." or "will this be secure if I hang a bowling ball off it and swing it towards one of my staff's heads?" Anything can happen at VBS!

VBS is a ton of work, but so fun and so worth it. Thank you soooo much to all the staff who helped make this year such a success! It was a pleasure working with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...