Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'm Not Getting Married (Anytime Soon)

I saw this book at the store the other day and it made me mad. "What's a girl to do while waiting for Mr. Right?" A whole heck of a lot, if I have anything to say about it!

Why do so many people (especially Christians!) think that the end-all be-all in a girl's life is to find a husband? Why can't girls just do awesome stuff on their own, just for them, God, or others? I'm tired of all this "waiting for mr right" stuff! I'm gonna live my life, do wonderful, amazing things, and if some dude comes along who can live up to the requirements needed to keep up with me, then he can come, too. Otherwise, stand back and watch me shine!

And don't get me wrong, i have nothing against marriage. If the right man ever shows up, I'll take the plunge. But there's more to life than marriage, and I plan to live my life to the fullest!

What do you think about marriage vs. singleness? Do you see the same problem with emphasis on marriage that I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...