Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Compassion

I love Compassion. The organization, not just the idea of compassion (although I like that, too). I've been following a few bloggers who were called Compassion Bloggers. I figured they worked for Compassion or had a special arrangement with them. But it turns out, the only major qualification to be a Compassion Blogger is to have a blog! So I signed up about two weeks ago, and have been patiently awaiting my first assignment. Well, I just got an email declaring September Compassion Blog Month, so this is going to be exciting!
Join the Compassion Blogger Network
So what is a Compassion Blogger?
A Compassion Blogger is someone who has a heart for the children of the world and for the work Compassion is doing. Their job is to spread the word and raise excitement to end poverty and hunger around the world. They help get sponsors for children in need. Sometimes they even travel with Compassion to witness firsthand what goes on in these countries and to write about it for the rest of us! I'm so excited for this opportunity to write about something I'm passionate about, for an organization I'm passionate about!

I'm also looking forward to this for a personal reason. I have sponsored a few children since I was in high school, but I've always been really bad about writing to them. Especially lately with automatic payments, I barely think about it. I'm hoping that with this reminder to write about Compassion, it will be a reminder and motivation to write to my child and get to know him better.

So what is Blog Month?
Blog month is a month long celebration and challenge. Celebrating the power of many individuals coming together for a cause, and the challenge of getting more than three thousand children sponsors by September 30th. Every week, bloggers will be given a new assignment. So every week you can expect a new post from me about Compassion, poverty, children, puppies.... honestly, I don't know what the assignments are going to be, I just know they will be used to bring knowledge, empowerment, and hope to a dark world. To learn more about Compassion's Blog Month or to sign up, click here.

I'm very excited about this for so many reasons, and I hope you'll join me for the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...