Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

"Too Rich For A Bride"

After a harsh lesson on a woman's life in the business world, Ida Sinclair joins her sisters in the mining town of Cripple Creek, Colorado. She soon gets a job with the incomparable Mollie O'Bryan and is enjoying the accomplishments and opportunities that come with it, not to mention the attention of two handsome, eligible bachelors. Will it be love, money, or danger that makes Ida see what is truly important in life?

This book is the second in a series by a new-to-me author, but it can stand on its own (I haven't read the first). It was a good story, although it did have some parts that seemed to drag on, and didn't have the depth of characters that I like to see. But the book was well written, with some twists to the story, and make me want to read more from this author. Overall, this was a good read. I did smile at the awkwardness and clumsiness between Ida and Tucker :)

Recommended 3.5/5 stars.

I recieved this book free in exchange for a review as part of LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...