Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Wedding Cake"

Another book review! "Wedding Cake" by Lynne Hinton. (published by Harper Collins imprint, Avon)This book was a big disappointment to me. Aside from the scattered writing and too-quick-and-easy wrap up, it was not what I expected. From the description, I expected an inspirational fiction with Christian themes. Instead, I found characters who attended church (one was even a pastor!) but never talked about God, and who had no problems with, and even almost encouraged, homosexuality, adultery, pseudo-polygamy, cursing, stealing and other big issues. I found these characters to behave like immature college kids, despite the fact they were supposed to be between 40 and 70 years old. The writing itself was hard to follow at times and would mention things that we never heard about (it did touch on things from the previous books, which I have not ready, but the issues I had all pertained to this book). I would not recommend this book.


2/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...