Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy, Free, Confused, and Lonely in the Best Way

I was just catching myself up on blog-reading (I had more than 900 unread posts after all my trips...I'm down to 469) and then thought, I'm tired. After this one, I'm going to bed. But then I looked at the clock and it was only 6:23, so I couldn't do that. That's when I remembered it's NaBloWriMo and I didn't write anything today! With my most recent trip, I'm missing some days, but I'll try to make them up. At least, I'll try not to miss more. Since I haven't decided yet how to blog about my two adventures, tonight's post has nothing (well, very little) to do with them! So, here's my post!

 I feel like this is gonna be a big year for me. Is that pretentious to say? There's no real reason for saying it, but I just feel like there's going to be some big changes and things that God is going to set into motion. And I'm excited! But also nervous and a little scared. Really, I have no idea what's coming. I've felt for a long time, and think I've mentioned here before, that I feel like I'm supposed to do something big with my life. I have many passions: nursing, kids ministry, youth ministry, missions, Compassion, justice ministry, abolition, adoption...I could keep going. But I think I'm starting to feel how God's leading me to refine these passions and callings, and starting to see how all my varied interests may actually fit together into one God-ordained-and-planned Ashley Future.

Its an exciting time, but also a little sad, as it may mean ending (or at least stepping back a bit from) some things I love, in order to move into the next chapter God has for me. But, that's why I really need to spend some major time in prayer over this, and maybe you could, too? Sorry for the vagueness, but until God gives me clear direction, I'm not sharing any of it with the world! Have you ever faced something similar? How'd it work out for you?

(P.S. Title is from Taylor Swift's new song "22", which I kinda love a lot this week! Also, the lonely part doesn't really apply....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...