Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Missing Organs

Well, exactly twelve hours after that last post I found myself the ER with excruciating stomach cramps. And after 8 hours, two blood draws, an IV and an ultrasound, a very friendly and excited doctor came in to say that my gallbladder needed to come out. Right away. Especially since I have a trip to Peru in three weeks. So, twelve hours after arriving at the hospital, out it came! Apparently, my gallbladder was full of stones. Little teeny-tiny stones. (I asked to keep some...my sister wanted to see. We were all expecting something bigger.) Weird how something so tiny can make you feel so crappy. So, thats been my fun week! Finally feeling better. Off the vicodin, and on regular tylenol now. Should be back to normal by the end of the week, and in fabulous shape by Peru! Well, related to the surgery anyways....the weight thing still needs work....

9 comments:

  1. Hi, I stumbled across your blog/thingy and found it interesting. I got my gall bladder removed last summer and my stones were HUGE! The size was really surprising - I was expecting something like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...